Checking through your makeup bag you’re happy with your choice of products. Your foundation is right for your skin type, your concealer covers those blemishes and you have the perfect choice of lip colors in your lipstick palette. Colors to suit every possible occasion. But what about a lip gloss! That’s the one product that many women forget about. But it really is an important item in your makeup bag.
Should you not use the correct lip products, you could end up with dry, dull looking lips. If you’re aiming for a supple, luscious look your choice will be personal. Are you searching for a product that is long lasting or for a product that matches your personality. Whichever you’re looking for, you can be sure that it will be perfect for finishing off your makeup.
But of course, there are so many products on offer that it’s hard to choose the right one. Do you want a matte lip gloss that offers bold colors to make you look striking? Or are you a person who likes a natural look? If so, your lip-gloss will only need to give you a natural shine.
Our Top 5 Recommendations
But how do you know which product to purchase? By purchasing the wrong product you won’t achieve the look you’re aiming for, so you’ll only be wasting your money. We’ve reviewed many products and have chosen what we consider to be the 5 best products that offer good value for money.
Rich And Bold Results
4.5 / 5
Non-sticky And Long Lasting
4.5 / 5
High Color Pigmentation
4.5 / 5
Comfortable To Wear
Rich And Bold Results
Non-sticky And Long Lasting
High Color Pigmentation
Comfortable To Wear
Table of Contents
1 – Estee Lauder Pure Color High Intensity Lip Lacquer
Do you want a rich colored product with a shine? Then you should go for the Este Lauder Lip Lacquer. The color is so rich and glossy that you won’t need to purchase any further lip products when you have this one. As it’s a lip plumping lip gloss it will make your lips look fuller. Also you won’t need to use much of it with each application since it’s rich in pigmentation.
The richness of color is ensured by the texture. Besides, it’s so smooth to use and feels comfortable on your lips. This is because it’s a non-sticky lip gloss. It’s so easy to apply and you can even be sure that it will moisturize your lips.
This is a ‘must have’ for every woman as it can be considered the best long lasting lip gloss. Although the shine doesn’t last as long as the color, it does last for a long time.
- It moisturizes your lips to keep them healthy
- As it has a creamy texture, it’s simple to apply even when in a hurry
- The rich color is so bold you’ll love the effect
- It’s a long lasting product so no need to reapply
- It’s rather expensive, but you won’t regret paying the price
- It does have a slight fragrance that could be off putting
2 – Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss
Should you be searching for a product to wear on a daily basis you’ll need one that has a soft hue. This Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss may be just the right one for you. It has a soft shiny texture that will accentuate your lips. It really is the product for anyone who has to work long hours or attend any events that are work-related. You won’t have to worry about reapplying it during the day as it’s long lasting.
There’s a choice of six colors – something for everyone. As a non-sticky product you find that application is simple. There is a possibility of having to reapply it after a couple of hours. But you won’t have to worry about your lips feeling heavy or sticky.
You won’t end up looking over-done as it will give you exactly the color and shine you need.
- With a choice of 6 colors there’s something there for everyone
- It will make your lips look fuller and much more attractive
- Due to the light soft texture it will feel natural
- It’s not as highly pigmented as other products
- It has quite a strong fragrance which may be overpowering
3 – Sephora Cream Lip Stain
The pigmentation of this product is so rich that you’ll love it. What’s more, it will keep your lips moisturized. The Sephora Cream Lip Stain contains avocado oil to make your lips feel soft and smooth. But they’ll not only feel good, they’ll also look good!
As the texture is so creamy, it’s easy to apply. It works magic on your lips by making them look sensual. When it dries it tends to stain your lips but leaves them shiny. You won’t need to apply a lipstick before using this as the pigmentation is so high. But if you do apply lipstick before applying this lip plumping lip gloss you’ll find that your lips look fuller.
Perhaps you need to look good for a photo shoot, or you just want to look your best for that special date. Then the bold color of this product is just up your street. It isn’t as long lasting as some other products, but reapplying it shouldn’t be a problem as it’s simple to apply.
It really is good value for money as it’s high in quality and delivers what it promises. It’s worth forking out a little more for!
- It leaves your lips feeling soft, supple and completely natural
- As it’s high in pigmentation you’ll get top results
- If you’re looking for effect, its bold colors will work for you
- It’s not long-lasting so you’ll need to reapply it after a few hours
- Although it costs quite a lot, it does offer intense colors
4 – Rimmel Oh My Lip Gloss, Crystal Clear
Are you looking for a product to give a shine to your lipstick? Then try the Rimmel Oh My Lip Gloss, Crystal Clear.
You’ll be sure of it lasting for up to six hours so you won’t be caught off guard not looking so good. Application is simple as it’s so soft and smooth. And you can be certain that your lips will look attractively luscious.
You’ll be able to wear it on its own or wear it over your lipstick. Either way, you can be sure of effect because of the thick texture. What’s more – it’s flavored. So if vanilla is your flavor you’ll love the soft flavor of this product.
It does have a slight fragrance, but it’s not overpowering. As this lip-gloss has a clear consistency you’ll be able to look good without necessarily looking made up. Being as it’s non-sticky, you can wear it on a daily basis.
- Your lips with look natural and soft
- It’s long-lasting so you won’t need to reapply it regularly
- As the texture is non-sticky you can use it on a daily basis
- As it has a fragrance, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea
- It dries out quickly if not closed tight
5 – Maybelline New York Color Sensational High Shine Gloss
Believe it or not but this drug store product really has a lot of color to it. Unlike many products it’s not made of wax. It’s made from natural ingredients instead. One of the ingredients is honey nectar which will help to keep your lips moisturized.
Naturally, being as it contains natural ingredients, it’s a great product if you suffer from allergies. Your lips won’t be irritated by it in any way.
It has a really creamy texture which makes applying it easy. It does have a subtle fragrance, but this is not at all unpleasant.
You can wear it on its own or over your lipstick. Whichever way you choose you’ll be sure of accentuating your lips.
What more can you expect from a drug store product – you’ll have beautiful lips without having to pay through the nose!
- Your lips will be accentuated with the bold color
- As it’s so smooth you’ll feel comfortable wearing it
- The honey nectar ensures your lips are moisturized
- It doesn’t last long enough so you’ll need to reapply
- It has a strong pigmentation which isn’t good if you want something subtle
When Should You Use Lip Gloss
When did you first start buying makeup? Probably just as you were coming into your teens! You saved up your pocket money without mom knowing so you could buy a lip-gloss. You could then wear it without mom realizing that you were wearing anything! But of course, lip-gloss isn’t only for young teens – it’s a must in every woman’s makeup regime.
Wearing the right color lipstick that has the right texture to apply it smoothly is great, but is it enough? If you’re looking for that ‘oomph’ effect that will make people look at your lips, you’ll need something more. You’ll be amazed at the difference it makes when you apply lip-gloss on top. You’ll end up with lips that look not only attractive, but also kissable.
Which One Is For You?
The right product for you will depend on your personal preferences. But first you have to know exactly what you want from your lip-gloss. Check out the following questions to help you make a decision.
- Do you want an eye-catching color that’s also bold? You should check out products that are high in pigmentation so you can wear it either alone or over lipstick.
- Do you want to accentuate your lips subtly? This may be the look you need for when you are running errands. You’ll want to look good without attracting a lot of attention. By wearing a clear or natural lip-gloss you won’t need to worry about looking overdressed. You’ll just look natural.
- Do you want a product that will last? It may not be important when you go shopping, but for long working hours or special events it’s another matter. Then you won’t want to worry about trips to the bathroom to check out and reapply lip-gloss.
- Do you know which is the best color for you? There are so many colors offered by so many brands that it’s not easy to make a choice. But don’t forget to match the color to your skin tone. A color that suits your summer tan won’t suit your sallow winter tone. You should try out a few shades to find out just which is the right one for you.
- Do you want to change the look of your lips? People with thin lips may go for a look that’s a bit fuller. For this you’ll need a product containing collagen. But you need to know that such products could feel heavy and uncomfortable on your lips.
- Do you want a product with or without a fragrance? Most lip-glosses have a little amount of fragrance. Sometimes fragrances are good as they bring back good memories. But if a fragrance calls up bad memories, you’ll need to avoid it.
- Do you need protection for your lips? This is a really important point that you shouldn’t forget. Your lips need to be protected just as much as your skin does. You’ll need a product that has ingredients for moisturizing and possibly also one with SPF.
- Do you need to consider the price of the product? Whatever you choose to purchase, you’ll find that the price varies. The more expensive products are higher in pigmentation and they last longer. If your budget allows it you should consider that that paying the little extra will be good value for money in the long run.
Despite all 5 products offering quality, they do differ in how they function and in their price. There’s a product there for everyone – whether you want something subtle for daily use or something bolder for special occasions. The main thing is that the product is the right one for you.
For something a little more subtle you should try the Benefit Ultra Plush Gloss.
The Estee Lauder Pure Color High Intensity Lacquer will give you a beautiful, bolder look. But for just adding a shine to your lipstick try out the Rimmel Oh My Gloss, Crystal Clear. The Sephora Cream Stain will help dry lips to look subtle and soft.
The drugstore product Maybelline New York Color Sensational High Shine Gloss is great value for money for anyone working from a tight budget. Not only is it reasonably priced, but it also functions.
Whichever product you choose, we’re sure it will work for you.