Do you find that now you’re getting a little older your skin feels rough and is looking a little dull and dry? You’re possibly asking yourself: ‘What’s happening to me?’ No need to worry this is a natural process and something that happens to many. But that doesn’t mean that you have to accept it!
One negative side of getting older is that our body slows down. As the skin cells no longer shed as easily, new ones are not able to generate. You end up with older cells forming a layer on your skin. This is what causes it to look dry and dull and also feel rough.
Could be that you’ve suddenly noticed that you’re getting a lot of spots. Of course, the reason for this is that the dead skin cells are clogging up the pores. The result of this is that your body produces too much oil.
Now you’re wondering: ‘What can I do about this?’ You’ve probably never thought about exfoliating! Exfoliating removes all the dead cells making your skin look and feel healthy once more. How can that be? An exfoliator is a mild abrasive substance that works almost like sand paper (no, don’t try sand paper!) on your skin. To be sure of good results you should think about purchasing a really good product suitable for your skin type.
Table of Contents
- Our Top 5 Products
- 1 – Microdermabrasion Face Scrub
- 2 – Majestic Pure Body Scrub
- 3 – La Roche-Posay Ultra-Fine
- 4 – Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
- 5 – Organic Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub Exfoliator
- Tips For Using Effectively
- When Should It Be Used?
- Why Do You Need To Buy These Products?
Our Top 5 Products
The market is saturated with exfoliating products so it’s hard to know which one you should buy. To help you choose we’ve reviewed some products and have come up with five that we think are the best when it comes down to value for money and quality. Take a look before you buy anything. That way you won’t end up wasting money on buying the wrong product.
1 – Microdermabrasion Face Scrub
If you go to a spa, you’ll spend a fortune on a facial. But by exfoliating at home you’ll have the same results. That means you won’t need to spend time and money travelling to the spa. This product is considered the best face exfoliator as it is suitable for all skin types. It only contains natural ingredients, such as Vitamin C, Sugar Cane, Walnut, Manuka honey and Aloe Vera. These will help to make your complexion glow once more. How does it work? It detoxifies your skin, removes any dirt and dead cells and prevents your skin from premature aging.
The pores will also be minimized as it’s cleaned them out. And, better still, the fine lines and wrinkles will no longer be prominent.
It even reduces the chance of you breaking out in acne so you won’t need to worry about using any chemical product on your skin. After a short while using this product you’ll be surprised to find that your skin has suddenly become smooth and looks more youthful once again. And who doesn’t want that!
- Suitable whatever your skin type
- Only contains natural ingredients
- Possible to use instead of an anti-aging mask
- You won’t need to use a microdermabrasion machine
- The smell is rather strong
- As it only uses natural ingredients it’s a little expensive
2 – Majestic Pure Body Scrub
So you’re looking for something that will stop your skin aging so fast. As this product contains antioxidant this is the best exfoliator to give you the results you’re looking for.
Being made from products that are 100% natural, such as coffee granules, the Majestic Pure Body Scrub ensures that any dead cells will be removed. This is possible because of their course texture. It also contains such products as exfoliating oils, salts and brown sugar. This is what makes your skin look healthy once more. This is also a great product if you suffer from any skin ailments – ailments such as cellulite, age spots, varicose veins, stretch marks, acne, eczema and even psoriasis. Those whiteheads, blackheads, blemishes or breakouts will also clear quickly.
You’ll be doing the best you can for your skin as it not only clears it, but even moisturizes it. The nourishing moisturizer that you provide your skin with will protect it and rejuvenate it.
- Can be used everywhere on your body
- Contains a nourishing moisturizer
- Suitable for anyone suffering with psoriasis or varicose veins
- Will rejuvenate your cells
- Could stay on your skin more when scrubbing
- Not a good product for allergy sufferers
3 – La Roche-Posay Ultra-Fine
Do you have sensible skin? If so, the La Roche-Posay Ultra-Fine product is the one for you. It’s a really gentle product for exfoliating and has even been dermatologically approved.
It contains pumice particles will help remove the unsightly dead skin cells. As the particles are so fine, you won’t need to worry about damaging your skin. Some products can be abrasive and harsh. This product also contains thermal spring water which works as an antioxidant. This will provide you with a really soothing effect.
Just think what it will do for your self-confidence when you look in the mirror and see how radiant you look. You’ll need to use it regularly, but once a week is quite enough. Sensitive skin shouldn’t be exfoliated too often.
Although the smell is really pleasant, anyone who doesn’t normally use perfumed products may find it too heavy.
It’s not a cheap product, but who cares as long as you get the results you’re looking for. We guarantee you will with this product.
- Suitable if you have sensitive skin
- Your skin won’t dry out
- Thermal spring water will help to purify and smooth your skin
- Spring water works as an antioxidant
- Has been dermatologically approved
- Not suitable if you don’t like fragranced products
- Not a lot of product for what you’re paying
4 – Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
You just won’t believe how smooth and soft your skin feels after just one use.
There’ll be no need to worry about your skin becoming irritated and red as it does with professional microdermabrasion treatment. Whatever your skin type you’ll be able to use it – what’s more, it’s can be used by the whole family – women and men, adults and children. And, as an extra plus it’s 100% vegan!
Made from almost 100% natural ingredients you won’t be harming your skin at all. It contains papaya enzymes which break down the dead cells and provide your skin with a healthy radiant glow. For hydrating your skin this gel contains Aloe Vera, Coconut and Panthenol.
For minimizing any fine lines, scars and blemishes it has microderm crystals. These not only exfoliate but also stimulate your skin.
It is quite an expensive product but you can expect it to last up to 6 months with correct usage.
- It’s been dermatologically tested
- Contains Papaya, Aloe Vera and Coconut
- Helps diminish fine lines, scars, sunspots and blemishes
- Gets rid of any oil buildup
- It is a little grainy
- For the amount it’s a little expensive
5 – Organic Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub Exfoliator
Are you in the mood for pampering? The best exfoliator for this is the Organic Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub. Made from a fruit acid, Manuka Honey, it has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. Believe it or not but this fruit acid is even gentle on your skin. You can be sure that you’ll end up with absolutely soft, glowing skin.
It can be used by everyone; it even helps cure babies’ cradle cap. As it’s 100% organic it is completely safe and gentle.
Some products use sugars, salts or nutshells for exfoliating, but not this one. It contains micro beads that are biodegradable so you won’t end up with torn skin. They also help remove any toxins or bacteria. As it’s a product for sensitive skin, you’ll be able to use it if you suffer from rosacea, eczema or psoriasis.
It really isn’t cheap, but as you don’t need to use much it should last. By hiding it from your partner, it will last longer!
- 100% organic
- All family members can use it whatever the skin type
- Gives relief for sufferers of acne, eczema and psoriasis
- It’s free from any fragrance, sulfate and paraben
- You don’t get much for the price
- Keep it away from your family otherwise it won’t last long
Tips For Using Effectively
If you don’t use the product correctly, you won’t get the results you’re looking for. To be sure you use it properly follow these tips.
- Never exfoliate more than once a week when you have sensitive or dry skin. Any other type of skin can do it twice a week.
- Never exfoliate on a daily basis. This will do harm to your skin.
- So that your skin has enough time for repairing itself in the day, you should exfoliate when you get up in the morning. At night you skin cells need time to rebuild.
- It’s recommendable to wash your skin before you exfoliate, but some beauticians claim to get a better result if you don’t wash first.
- No matter which you do, make sure that the paste or cream is applied to you skin when it is moist.
- The choice is yours – rub the cream in with a warm, wet washcloth or just use two fingers to massage it in.
- For best results use circular motions over your whole face when rubbing it in.
- Always moisturize your face with cream when you’ve finished.
- Be careful of any product that has beads or grains as there’s a possibility of them tearing your skin.
When Should It Be Used?
Never exfoliate too much. Why not? Because you’ll only end up with skin that is inflamed and this could cause a chronic irritation. This is really important for anyone who has extremely dry skin.
One a week will give you the effect you need if you have either sensitive or dry skin. If you have combination skin, normal or oily skin you can exfoliate twice a week. But remember that you should always exfoliate in the morning whatever skin type you are. You need to give your skin the time to repair in the day so it can build new cells at night.
Why Do You Need To Buy These Products?
When considering buying a product you should first check out its features. For a healthy skin you could try out any the products we’ve reviewed as they all guarantee this. All of the mentioned products will rejuvenate your skin and even help improve your blood circulation. You’ll end up with a healthy skin that glows. And that’s what we all long for.
The Microdermabrasion Face Scrub is just what you need if you want a face exfoliator for sensitive skin. That’s because this product is completely natural. Or do you want a gentle exfoliator? The La Roche-Posay Ultra-Fine is the one for you – it’s even been dermatologically approved.
All the products we’ve reviewed will be suitable if you are looking for an exfoliator for dry skin. But try out the Organic Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub Exfoliator if you suffer with ailments such as acne, eczema or psoriasis.
Maybe you want something for your whole body, not only your face. Then the Majestic Pure Body Scrub is the right thing for you.
Are you vegan? Then you can’t go wrong with the Vasanti Brighten Up as it’s 100% vegan.
Say goodbye to having a shock whenever you look at yourself in the mirror. By exfoliating with any of the products we’ve reviewed you’ll be amazed at the difference it makes to your skin.
Surely you’ve found just the exfoliator you want from our reviews of the 5 best exfoliators to be found. We’re sure you’ll be satisfied with the results. You’ll suddenly find it a pleasure to look at yourself in the mirror and seeing your radiant healthy skin. And you won’t even need to spend more that 5 or 10 minutes a week to reach those results. You’ll soon wonder why you never thought of doing it sooner.