Whichever way you look at it, lipstick is one of the best make-up products on the market. You may just want one generally for wearing to work or a specific one for wearing on those special occasions. No matter what occasion you need it for; you definitely want it to make you look more beautiful.
Naturally, you’ll want to color co-ordinate it to your clothes as well for the situation. But with too many products on the market it’s difficult to decide which is the one for you. Of course, you’ll choose one that you like, but you also need to make sure that you’ll feel good when you’re wearing it. Whether you’re looking for a matt or gloss depends on the occasion. You’ll want something a little more subtle to wear in the office that you’d wear out on a special date.
As there are a lot of products on the market we’ve tried to make things a little easier for you. Read our following reviews on what we consider to be the 5 best lipsticks for casual wear. This will help you make a decision.
Our Recommendations - Top 5 Casual Lipsticks
Made From natural Ingredients
4.5 / 5
High-Quality Lipstick Option
4.5 / 5
Great For Casual Wear
Smooth And Easy-to-Apply
Made From natural Ingredients
High-Quality Lipstick Option
Great For Casual Wear
Smooth And Easy-to-Apply
Table of Contents
- Our Recommendations - Top 5 Casual Lipsticks
- 1 – Lipstick Queen Butterfly Ball Lipstick
- 2 – Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick
- 3 – NARS Pure Matte Lipstick
- 4 – Revlon Super Lustrous Crème Lipstick, Berry Haute
- 5 – MAC Matte Russian Red Lipstick
- When Should It Be used?
- How Does It Help?
- How Do You Choose The Correct One For You
1 – Lipstick Queen Butterfly Ball Lipstick
The Lipstick Queen Butterfly offers the most popular lipstick colors. All the colors are subtle but pretty. Choosing a color like ‘blue pearl’ will help to enhance your smile. What’s more it contains film formers to moisturize your lips. Your lips will feel completely soft after applying it. This is because of the ingredients. It contains many different vitamins and also aloe Vera.
When wearing this lipstick, your lips will feel as light as a butterfly. Application is smooth and, as it makes your lips feel soft, you can wear it throughout the day. There’s enough color to vitalize your look if you need to. But the color is also subtle enough for wearing casually. This product really does offer the most popular colors so there should definitely be one there to suit you.
- The ingredients are natural and moisturize your lips
- The colors are completely natural looking
- As the colors are subtle they accentuate your smile
- Your lips will feel soft when wearing it
- It comes in a really attractive packaging
- Not enough color for some
- It’s rather more expensive that some of the other options
2 – Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick
When you first see this Clinique product you’ll be enthralled at the packaging, but there’s more to it than the packaging. As it’s made from a formula that’s non-drying you won’t have to worry about it feathering or caking after application. It’s a product that’s dependable whether you wear it for going on a date, a special occasion or just to enjoy wearing on a day-to-day basis.
Although it’s rich in pigmentation, its color is also subtle and it has the added advantage of attractive packaging. Considering the quality-price ratio it’s definitely good value for money. So, if you’re looking for a lipstick that doesn’t wear off when you eat and will stay on for hours, then you can certainly rely on this one.
- It’s a high-quality lipstick
- It won’t feather or cake
- It really lasts a long time
- The price is right
- Perfect for wearing in casual situations
3 – NARS Pure Matte Lipstick
If you’re looking for a product that won’t draw too much notice to your lips but still give you a bit of color, this is it. The NARS lipstick offers a great range of colors that are natural looking. With the natural Peloponnese tone, you’ll get just the right amount of color to help you look right without looking over done.
This pure matte lipstick is made of butter from the wild mango so it works as a great moisturizer for your lips. To ensure that your lips stay healthy it also contains acai oil and Vitamin E. It’s ideal when you don’t have time to reapply your lipstick as it’s really long-lasting. If it’s a matte texture you’re looking for, you’ll really love the texture of this one. If you’re not looking for a matte texture, you can always apply a lip balm to your lips before applying it. One thing you can be sure of is that in purchasing this you’ve got the best natural looking lipstick.
- It’s made from natural ingredients which also moisturize
- Although the color is rich, it’s also subtle
- It looks completely natural
- It lasts for hours
- Completely suitable for wearing casually
- Isn’t easy to apply as it’s rather dry
- It’s more costly that the other lipsticks
4 – Revlon Super Lustrous Crème Lipstick, Berry Haute
No matter what the occasion this Revlon lipstick is the perfect match. Its eye-catching color is completely feminine. But at the same time, it’s subtle enough to wear every day. Made with a LiquiSilk formula the Super Lustrous is soft on your lips and application is absolutely simple.
Although it is rich in pigmentation, it’s not too bold as it has a creamy texture. But you can guarantee that it will accentuate your lips to perfection. Being rich in moisture you’re guaranteed a product that will stop your lips from becoming dry. You will need to reapply it after drinking or eating, but otherwise you can depend on it lasting. If you’re not looking for anything too bold then this is the ideal product for you.
- The amount of pigmentation is just right
- The color is perfect for wearing in casual situations
- It feels soft on your lips
- The color is the same on your lips as in the packaging
- It’s reasonably priced
- Needs to be reapplied after a few hours
- It runs when you apply it due to its creamy texture
5 – MAC Matte Russian Red Lipstick
A red lipstick as part of your make-up kit is a must for most women. The combination of a red lipstick and a red dress is the way to most men’s hearts. But red is not always red. You’ll need a red lipstick that won’t smudge and will last a long time. You’ll find the right one with this MAC lipstick. As a matte lipstick, it is smooth and will last long. Although it feels dry when you apply it, it does work as a moisturizer for your lips, thus helping them to feel soft.
For the no-fuss woman who’s looking for her favorite color the design is ideal. Its sleek design makes it easy to use and you can be confident that this Russian Red will accentuate your lips. This is because it’s high in pigmentation. If you choose this product you’ll soon forget about matching lipstick to outfit. You’ll soon find yourself matching your clothes to your lipstick instead of matching your lipstick to your clothes.
- No matter what your skin type it will look good
- It helps by giving moisture to your lips
- Application is smooth and simple
- It richness in color makes it eye-catching
- It’s a long-lasting product
- The smell may not be for everyone
- It’s rather pricey in comparison to drug store options
When Should It Be used?
All of the above mentioned lipsticks are suitable if you’re looking for something to wear casually. If you choose the MAC Matte Russian Red Lipstick you’ll need to consider what clothes to wear with red lipstick. Or maybe you’ll end up buying clothes to match the lipstick.
Should you just need something to wear while running errands then the NARS Pure Matte is the ideal thing. Although both options are rich in pigmentation they are still subtle enough to wear casually.
Maybe you always wear colors that are soft or you’re searching for a product that you can use every day. Whichever it is, be sure to check out your wants, your needs and your budget before making a decision. You’ll save yourself a lot of hassle by doing this.
How Does It Help?
No doubt you’ve color coordinated your lipsticks to those clothes you wear on special occasions. But are those colors really suitable for picking up the kids from school? For such events, you need a more subtle color as you don’t want to end up looking over made-up. What’s suitable when you go out drinking doesn’t look so good when you are grocery shopping.
By choosing the right lipstick for casual use you’ll find you’re giving yourself the much-needed tonic at those times when you feel a little unattractive. The above mentioned options are all suitable for the times when you don’t want to wear full make up, but just need a little pick me up. They’ll make a great amount of difference to how you look and how you feel without you needing to put in too much effort.
They’re especially beneficial if you have a busy life style but still need to look your best.
How Do You Choose The Correct One For You
Now we come to the crunch – just how do you choose the right lipstick when there are so many products available? You don’t have the time or the inclination to spend hours in the make-up department of your local store deciding which one to buy.
No need to do that if you ask yourself the following questions before your shopping spree. They’ll help you to know exactly what you’re looking for.
- Are your lips flaky and dry? Everyone’s lip texture is different so what suits your friends won’t necessarily suit you. For flaky lips, you’ll need to choose a creamy lipstick so that application will be smooth. A product that has natural ingredients which also moisturizes your lips is the best choice. If your lips are chapped or dry then you should stay away from any matte product.
- Do you wear a lot of bold colors? The products we’ve mentioned come in more subtle colors that are suitable for everyday use. They’re not colors to use if you’re looking to draw attention to yourself. But if you’re looking for something that is subtle but also a little bolder then you should try the MAC option. All the other colors have softer tones so are suitable for anyone who is looking to wear soft lipstick.
- Are you considering purchasing a product that won’t draw so much attention to you? You need something you can wear for running errands and picking up the children from their various activities. Then you need to go for the more subtle colors. They’ll give you the confidence of knowing you look good without making you look as if you’re on your way out for a good night out on the town.
- What budget have you worked out? Without knowing how much you want to spend on your lipstick you might find yourself buying on impulse and overspending. If you’re just looking for something lighter there’s no need to spend too much on it. Some of the cheaper brands work just as well as the more expensive ones. But if you want something that is really long lasting then you’ll need to consider spending more on it.
- Are you planning on purchasing it for a special occasion? Who hasn’t ended up ‘lipstickless’ on that special occasion after eating dinner or having had a few drinks? If you really need something to last through such events then the above products are probably not the right ones for you. Although they promise to be long lasting, they won’t survive such events. You should only choose these options for casual use and try looking elsewhere for something for those special events.
Finding the right color to wear for every day is not easy, but when you’ve found it you’ll be happy with the results. Just a little touch of lipstick will give you that little extra you need for your looks on a casual basis. So, choosing the right casual color you’ll avoid ending up looking gaudy.
Whatever your personality you need to choose a product that will suit you best. There’s sure to be one amongst our reviews of the 5 best casual wear lipsticks. Just take your time in considering which one of them is for you.