Some women like to use a touch of makeup while others like to apply a full face of product. Maybe you are someone who wears plenty of makeup on a continual basis. Perhaps you save the whole makeup kit for special occasions. Either way, there is an important item that you don’t want to forget.
Blush makeup is a great product that can completely enhance your look and bring out your best features. It adds that special touch that makes you look like you have a natural glow. It can help to minimize sallow skin and brighten your look.
If you aren’t accustomed to shopping for makeup or don’t know where to start, we have compiled a list of 5 blushes that can help give you an idea. Each one has unique features that make it stand out and could be exactly what you are looking for.
Most people have a natural glow to their skin yet with uneven skin tones, they may want to use foundation. While foundation is great for covering blemishes, it takes away that natural color and blush can help “bring it back.”
Table of Contents
Our 5 Favorite Blushes
With so many options on the market, it can be difficult to choose makeup. Yet we think these 5 products are ideal in price, quality, and function.
Check them out:
1. Youngblood Pressed Mineral Blush
If you are searching for the best blush for medium skin, the Youngblood Pressed Mineral Blush is found in several different colors. This makeup is also great for people who are looking for one that goes on darker than normal. It has good pigmentation which also helps make it ideal for nighttime use.
If you like your makeup to come with everything that you need, you’ll appreciate the applicator and mirror that come included. Its small, compact size makes it ideal to fit in your purse for use when you’re out. Another factor about this option is that you can build it up for a bolder look depending on the occasion. For women who want a makeup that can go from light to darker depending on the occasion, this is a perfect pick.
What makes this option uniquely special is that it can even be used on your lips. It’s the perfect makeup for those who like to stand out. Best of all, this great product is long-lasting for those days when you know you’ll be out for hours on end.
- It works well for a variety of skin types
- Its durable
- The pigmentation is strong
- The colors may be bold for some
- It isn’t a big package and doesn’t last as long as other products
2. Revlon Powder Blush
Yet another great Revlon product, this simple yet classy makeup is a great staple for any woman. With its satin finish, it adds a glow to your skin. This brightens your look even after nights of little sleep. Much like the Revlon Cream Blush above, this option includes natural ingredients like Ginseng and Gingko Bilboa. These moisturizing ingredients are subtle and don’t make your skin feel greasy but they do help it to be healthier.
This is the best blush for pale skin and for those who want to minimize shine from oily skin. Because of its powdery texture, it’s ideal for women who tend to sweat off their makeup. For women who like their colors bolder than normal, this may not be the product for you. It is ideal for those who like a little extra color on a daily basis without feeling like they are wearing too much.
The Revlon Powder Blush is also highly beneficial in covering up uneven skin tones. Keep in mind that it may not work as well as the cream version for those with wrinkles.
- This is an affordable natural blush
- It comes in a variety of colors
- This blush is great for daily-use
- It is a top option for women with oily skin
- The case can be tricky to open
- Women who like bolder blushes may not like the lightness of this one
3. CoverGirl Classic Color Blush
For those who like a classic, traditional blush, this CoverGirl blush is a fabulous option. Simple yet sweet, the soft color combines perfectly with foundation. With a blush brush included, you have everything you need for application in one clean package. It also comes with a built-in mirror for on-the-go application. This is a great feature for the busy woman who always wants to look good.
Best of all, this CoverGirl makeup is highly easy to blend with your foundation. Whereas other colors may make you look a doll, this product allows for easy spreading and blending. Because it is dermatologically tested, it is safe to use for many different skin-types.
Its soft color makes it look natural which helps make it a great item for day-to-day use. Those who like to “go-bold” may not like how softly it goes on. If you’re more into the natural look than it is perfect for you. It is obvious enough yet just right in terms of pigmentation. From its packaging to its quality, this is a top option for many. It could be considered the best blush for fair skin.
- This option blends easily
- It includes a mirror and mess-free packaging
- It goes on smoothly
- The CoverGirl blush is safe for a variety of skin types
- It isn’t a great color for every skin type
- The brush that it comes with isn’t top-quality
4. Bare Escentuals Promise Blush
If you are looking for a powdery option to add to your makeup routine, the Bare Escentuals Promise Blush is a top-quality one. The color is soft and feels like springtime while adding a glow to your appearance. Because it’s made from minerals and safe ingredients, it’s a great option for those who may have sensitive skin.
This product is long-lasting and natural-looking making it ideal for any occasion. You can add a slight touch in the morning for a fresh daytime look. If you want to enhance your makeup at night, you may want to do a double application. Because of its soft, neutral tone, it works well for a variety of skin types. It also makes it ideal for those times when you want a subtler look.
As with many Bare Escentuals products, this one is lightweight and lets your skin breathe. This helps to make it easy to use on a daily basis without you having to worry about your skin. This factor is especially beneficial for those with skin allergies or issues. For its affordable price, quality, and safe use, this product is a great option.
- It’s a top-quality product
- The ingredients are safe to use
- The end result is natural-looking
- It is ideal for women with skin problems
- The .85 g package is very small
- It is better used in the day than in the night
5. Revlon Cream Blush
Do you like a soft peachy look? Does your skin type look best with rich wines or berry blushes? This product has a great variety of colors for those who want to switch it up every now and then. Made with a blend of natural ingredients such as green tea and grapeseed extracts, this one is good for your skin. It helps to provide a moisturized effect and works well for people with dry skin.
While some people may find the creamy texture may not be the best for highly oily skin, it isn’t too greasy. While some kinds can be difficult to blend, this option can look highly natural when combined with foundation. If you like to apply your makeup on the go, you’ll appreciate the mirror that is included in the case. It’s a great choice for older women who need makeup that goes on smooth over wrinkles.
It’s an ideal choice for you if you want something that is small enough to carry in your to-go makeup kit. Because of its creamy texture, you can even apply it with your fingertips if need be. Overall, it’s a convenient, top-quality, and reliable product that can be used for several different occasions.
- It’s a great option for older women
- The Revlon blush goes on smoothly
- It comes in great colors
- This makeup is great for your skin
- It may not go on dark enough who like very bold blushes
- The texture may be too creamy for those with oily skin
Some Considerations Before You Make A Final Decision
One thing to keep in mind is that there is a large variety in blushes. What may work for one person may not work for you. Each person is different, both in what they like and what they need. While your mother may have always used one kind of makeup, your skin tone may require something completely different. Following are some things to consider when shopping for the perfect addition to your makeup kit:
- Do you have patience for applying makeup? Liquid blush is difficult to apply but it blends well with your makeup and looks natural.
- Do you like products that you know and love? Powder blush is the traditional kind that is easy to apply with a brush. It’s especially beneficial for women with oily skin who need an option that won’t leave them looking shiny.
- Are you in a hurry to finish your makeup? Stick blush is odd for some but it’s a quick fix. It’s especially beneficial for women with dry skin as its somewhat creamy texture helps it to go on smoothly.
- What kind of skin type do you have? You want to consider how your skin responds to makeup before buying these kinds of products. If you have the type of skin that tends to look shiny after wearing makeup for a few hours, avoid creamy products. If you find that your dry patches seem enhanced with powder products, go for the liquid options.
- How much are you willing to spend on your makeup? There are several drugstore options that are priced very low. Yet if you want durable quality, you may want to look for one of the brands above. While they are still affordable options, they offer better results.
- Are you someone who likes to use and re-apply makeup while out? Try looking for an option that is easy-to-use while on the go. A blush palette that includes a brush and mirror is an excellent choice for you.
- Do you have skin allergies or issues? Any woman who uses makeup often knows that what’s inside does matter. Whether you have dry skin or acne, taking care with the ingredients is important. Some makeup has ingredients that are harmful to your skin or that may cause issues. Be careful what you put on your skin.
- Do you like bold or subtle makeup? This is an important factor to consider when shopping for this makeup item. Some products offer a subtle glow while others go on stronger. Making the choice for you depends on what your personal makeup preferences are.
The above-mentioned products are all great items yet each one offers something different. If you are making a decision on one of them, ask yourself the above questions to determine which one is right for you and your skin texture.